I was lucky enough to attend a coffee tasting recently at Georgio's Coffee. I cannot begin to tell you how fun and informative this is. I cannot begin to describe how awake I was for the next 24 hours as well from all of the caffeine!
We started with 3 coffees, each coarsely ground in cups and then added hot water. stir and sit for 4 mins. taste. Wow! This is apparently how coffee is tasted when the buyers go down to decide which one they want 100 pounds of. Every feature of the coffee is magnified. The African (Ethiopian) has a distinct flavor of lemon. The brazillian had little taste and the Columbian was just wonderful. you could tell it would make a great cup of coffee.
When then had some brewed Columbian, then the real treat. A cup of Rwanda Kabuye "Cup Of Excellence". This coffee sells for $40/lb and I can see why. If I had money to throw away, as many families in our area do, I would have bought 10 pounds of the stuff.
But alas, I am on a budget and for the free pounnd allowance my wife and I got a pound of Peaberry Bourbon and Georgio's great Testarossa blend.
If you ever get to go to a tasting, be sure to go!
...and if you are wondering, I do not work for Georgio, nor do I get paid by him. I just love his coffees!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment