Yes, I know - I'm always taking too long between posts.
I am getting ready for a trip to Israel, hoping the coffee on the trip will not be too bad. Is that a sign that I think about coffee too much? I have laid out all of this money for the best tour with the best accommodations and my big worry is the coffee over there?
I supposed I could always send out to Turkey for some good coffee - did I ever blog about my trip to the Turkish embassy in NYC? Probably not. The group I was with almost had to drag me out at the end because I wanted to drink more of the coffee. Yum :)
So where was I... Oh yes, rambling about my trip. So of course I do not want to waste any coffee. That being said I have finished off all of the coffee in the house and needed to pick up just a little bit to get me through the next few days. So off I go this morning to my favorite coffee roaster, Georgio. I was going to just grab a quick quarter pound of beans of one of my favorite blends, but he had a bean on the menu that I had not seen or tried yet: Ethiopian Cup of Excellence. This one just came in recently and he expects to be out of it quickly, so I grabbed a quarter pound.
I am sipping it as I type this. It is nice, a bit mellower than what I normally drink, especially in the morning, but it has a nice undertone to it - a hint of deep earthy richness that just kind of sits in the background and lets you know it is there without being the primary flavor or texture of the coffee. I think I like it. I also think I had better not fall in love with it, since by the time I am back in the US in September I expect it to be long gone.
Long Island Press ran a great seven page story this week about coffee, entitles Everything You Know About Coffee is Wrong. You should read it - good stuff. Bad Long Islanders. Learn about coffee!
No comments:
Post a Comment